Hemorrhoids are inflamed veins that are found around the lower rectum or anus. There are also external hemorrhoids which develop under the skin around the anus. Internal hemorrhoids are located in the lower rectum. Internal hemorrhoids can cause extreme discomfort because they often prolapsed or protrude through the anus. One of the most common symptom of hemorrhoids that are located internally is blood in the stool and is typically accompanied by pain, discomfort and itching in the anal area.
Although hemorrhoids are not considered a serious medical condition or life threatening, they are uncomfortable. It is estimated that at more than 60% of people will suffer from hemorrhoids at some time in their lives. There are millions of hemorrhoid sufferers who are seeking relief from the condition. The following are the top five treatments that have been proven to cure hemorrhoids:
Undergo a Haemorrhoidectomy:
A haemorrhoidectomy is a surgical procedure where the complete hemorrhoid is removed. This procedure is known to be a way to absolutely cure hemorrhoids but is considered a drastic action for relief. Although haemorrhoidectomies were a popular way of dealing with hemorrhoids in the past, it is invasive and requires recovery time.
Sclerotherapy is an old procedure that is also used to treat spider and varicose veins. This is a very basic treatment and is virtually painless. A fine needle is used to inject a solution into the vein. This causes the vein to dry up and disappear.
Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe Vera gel is considered one of the most effective home treatments for hemorrhoids. The aloe is applied topically to the hemorrhoid and pain is reduced almost immediately. Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory properties and can also be ingested to assist in the relief of constipation; which often contributes to hemorrhoid suffering.
Consider Minor Lifestyle Changes
If you want to learn more about this, check out my review of Hemorrhoid Free for Life here. It’s helped a lot of people cure their hemorrhoids for good.
Witch Hazel is effective in alleviating itching caused by hemorrhoids. Witch Hazel is commonly applied with a cotton ball but there are also witch hazel sprays that are easy to use. The sprays often contain proanthocyanidins which are believed to strengthen the vein walls.
Venapro is an over-the-counter medication, with anti-inflammatory properties, that was designed to work in conjunction with the natural healing mechanisms of the body. Venapro is effective for internal and external hemorrhoids.
If you want to learn more about natural remedies for hemorrhoids, check out my review of Hemorrhoid Free for Life here. It’s a great book.
The pain, embarrassment and discomfort of hemorrhoids, when veins in the anal canal and rectum become inflamed and swollen, requires fast relief. Looking for a hemorrhoid treatment? Try this simple 24 hours treatment which is an affordable and effective way to help shrink hemorrhoids safely and quickly. Not only can any hemorrhoid sufferer use this 24 hour treatment without a doctor’s prescription, the main ingredient is a natural, eco-friendly substance that can be found right on the supermarket shelf.
Try These All Natural Remedies
The 24 hour treatment for hemorrhoids that works to shrink these painful tissues is apple cider vinegar. Hemorrhoids affect at least half of the over-50 population at one time or another, with most individuals not having severe enough hemorrhoids to warrant a visit to the doctor’s office or the need for surgery or other drastic treatment methods. The beauty of trying apple cider vinegar is that it can be done in the privacy of the individual’s own home, shows quick results and is one of the least expensive remedies to use when a case of hemorrhoids strikes.
If you want to learn more about the all natural treatments for Hemorrhoids, Check out the review I wrote of Hemorrhoid Free for Life Here. A lot of people have seen success with it, without having to go through painful surgery.
Three out of five individuals who used apple cider vinegar on their hemorrhoids experience relief within 24 hours, with the remainder sometimes having to repeat the application for up to 7 days for full relief. Larger hemorrhoids usually take more frequent applications in order to fully heal. The technique is very simple. Soak a clean cotton pad or cotton ball in pure apple cider vinegar, then gently squeeze out the excess liquid. Then apply this to the affected area for at least 30 minutes.
This treatment can be repeated once daily until the hemorrhoids have completely disappeared. In the event the individual experiencing hemorrhoids is pregnant, it is a smart idea to ask the doctor prior to applying the 24 hour apple cider vinegar remedy.
Natural remedies work – and there are MANY different ways to treat hemorrhoids safely. Check out the review I wrote on Hemorrhoid Free for Life Here. It’s a big help.
Hemorrhoids are, literally, a huge pain in the rear, often included in one of the negative side effects of pregnancy, but can be developed by other people as well. They are a very unfortunate condition that is not only painful and uncomfortable but extremely embarrassing. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent and ease hemorrhoids that can be done at home.
Some lifestyle changes can greatly prevent the onset of hemorrhoids. Leading a healthy lifestyle can help a great deal. A few more specific things to help prevent hemorrhoids are:
If you do go through the pain of developing hemorrhoids, to get started on a medication regime as soon as possible to combat the development of hemorrhoids. Many over-the-counter products help treat your hemorrhoids at home, such as anything that contains hydrocortisone or witch hazel. These come in ointment, creams, suppositories, or pads. Also it is a good idea to take a pain reliever that contains acetaminophen (Tylenol) to help with the pain. Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen, however, as these will make the bleeding worse.
Besides medication, there are several other ways to treat hemorrhoids at home. Try such things as:
- Soaking in a sitz bath several times a day for 15 minutes. Take care to make sure the water isn’t too warm
- Apply an ice pack several times a day, and alternate with heat and warm compresses several times a day
- Keep the anus area clean but do not use soap. Use a hairdryer to dry the area after you clean it
- If you can, sleep on your stomach with a pillow under your hips to decrease swelling
- There are many other home treatments you can try. Take a look at my review of Hemorrhoid Free for Life here to learn more of them.
Hemorrhoids are a major source of discomfort, but experimenting with these different methods of home treatments and see what works best to make you feel better.
Why Have Surgery? Try These Natural Hemorrhoid Treatments First…
Before you consider going under the knife, consider trying a natural hemorrhoid treatment. Here are some natural treatments that will help to relieve hemorrhoid pain ( also check out Hemorrhoid Free for Life here for more ), reduce inflammation and shrink hemorrhoids.
* Apply chamomile as a topical ointment to the affected area. It helps to reduce inflammation.
* Use calendula oil to speed up the healing process. Take 1 cup of fresh calendula petals, 2 cups of olive oil, and ½ cup of wheat germ oil. Cover and let it sit in a sunny window for two weeks. Apply it as a topical ointment.
* Try some horst chestnut tea or pills to help relieve hemorrhoid pain and inflammation.
* Take some apple cider vinegar and apply it to the hemorrhoids and inside the rectum. This helps to ease the pain and shrink the size of the hemorrhoids.
* Apply witch hazel ointment directly on the hemorrhoid to relieve swelling, itching and discomfort.
* Boil three banana peels in 2 cups of water. Simmer until half of the water is gone. Add sugar to enhance the flavor. Drink this for 2-3 days until the hemorrhoids are gone.
* Add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper to 8 oz of water and drink this 2 to 3 times daily for about a week. It clears up hemorrhoids and you have less recurrence.
* Melt some Vicks VapoRub. Add 1 cake of Camphor and stir it until it is completely mixed with the Vicks. Apply 3-4 times per day to hemorrhoids that are inside and out for about a week.
* Brew a cup of Butcher’s Broom tea to help treat inflammation. You can add honey or stevia to sweeten the tea. It is also available in a pill form.
* Peel a small clove of garlic, prick it with a knife a few times and insert it into the rectum. It immediately kills the pain and itching. It also helps to speed the healing process.
* Boil two garlic cloves in two cups of water until they become soft. Situate yourself above the pot for fifteen minutes. It helps to stop the pain and shrink the hemorrhoids.
There are tons of all natural remedies for hemorrhoids, to learn more ways to treat it, check out my review of Hemorrhoid Free for Life here. It’s a huge help.
Hemorrhoids can be painful, so it is best to get them treated or cured as soon as possible. The symptoms can be easy to notice. Anal itching or irritation and bleeding upon defecating and are the most common signs. Whether the growths are internal or external, there are practical home remedies to treat them. Below are five treatments that have worked for many people.
- Topical treatments — Purchase a hemorrhoid cream or a package of hydrocortisone suppositories from your local pharmacy. Many creams can be bought over the counter. There are also special pads that have numbing qualities.
- Witch hazel < — After dipping a cotton ball into the witch hazel water, apply it to the affected area. If you do not experience relief after two days, try using suppositories instead.
- Ice packs — Applying coldness to the affected area can decrease swelling and remedy the pain.
- Oral pain relievers — Aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen can relax you temporarily. Oral pain relievers provide temporary relief. Follow the directions on the box and do not to take too many pills.
- Sitz baths — Place the sitz bath over the toilet and ensure that it has warm water inside of it. Sit in it for 10–15 minutes, two to three times per day. A doctor can tell you if it is acceptable for you to add baking soda or salt to the sitz bath for extra relief. This piece of equipment is available at many drug stores.
- Also check out my review of Hemorrhoid Free for Life here. It’s been a huge help for many people.
If the symptoms do not improve within a week, see a doctor. A doctor can prescribe the necessary suppositories, cream or ointment. Hydrocortisone, for example, decreases swelling. A qualified physician can clarify if it needs to be taken orally or topically. If the hemorrhoids have complications, such as blood clots or persistent bleeding, a doctor can also perform a minimally invasive procedure or, in extreme cases, surgery.
To avoid hemorrhoids in the future, the best approach is to modify your diet. Hemorrhoid Free for Life is a great guide with info about this. Check out my review of it here. Eating high-fiber food and drinking six to eight glasses of water per day will soften your stool, making it easier to pass bowel.
Everyone knows how itchy and painful that a hemorrhoid can be. Instead of purchasing over the counter hemorrhoid relief medications, here are some natural remedies that will help to relieve hemorrhoid pain and various other symptoms.
1) Increase your daily fiber intake.
Fiber is a natural stool softener that increases the mass of every stool passing and helps to reduce straining. Many trials have shown that fiber is very beneficial in relieving hemorrhoid symptoms such as discomfort, itching, bleeding and pain. Consider adding whole grains, fruits, whole grains bread and vegetables that are high in fiber to your diet.
Examples of High Fiber Foods:
Berries – Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
Nuts – Walnuts, Cashews, Peanuts, Almonds, Brazil Nuts
Whole grain bread
If you cannot add these foods to your diet, you can purchase a powdered fiber supplement called Psyllium from most health food stores and supermarkets. Also, if you want to learn more about diets that work, check out the Hemorrhoid Free for Life guide. Read my review of it here.
2) Drink 6-8 glasses of water each and every day.
Water acts as a natural stool softener if you drink enough of it!
3) Increase your daily bioflavonoid intake.
Bioflavonoids, commonly found in citrus fruits, are a type of plant compound that decrease inflammation and strengthen blood vessel walls to help reduce rectal discomfort.
4) Try using Horse Chestnut, a natural herb.
Horse chestnut helps to relieve hemorrhoid pain and inflammation. It is available as a tea and pill form. People who suffer from blood disorders or take blood thinners should not use this herb.
5) Try using Witch Hazel, another natural herb.
Witch hazel is usually found in the form of a tea, an ointment, a distilled liquid or medicated pads. It helps to relieve itching, swelling and discomfort.
6) Try using the herb, Butcher’s Broom.
Butcher’s Broom is consumed in tea form or pill form. It is used to treat inflammation, poor circulation, varicose veins and hemorrhoids. Its vein-constricting properties help to shrink the swollen tissues. If you drink it as a tea, try a bit of honey, agave or stevia to sweeten your tea.
7) Try using the herb, Calendula.
It can be applied topically as an ointment. It helps to relieve discomfort and itchiness.
8) Consider lifestyle changes. This guide called Hemorrhoid Free for Life is loaded with info on that. Read my review of it here.
Hemorrhoids are painful, embarrassing and uncomfortable, more so if they are external. Now there are some natural remedies for you to try to acquire relief in the comfort of your own home .
You can purchase many of these simple remedies for external hemorrhoids right at your local drug store. It is very important to remember to be careful when using these remedies. This applies to any type of healing that you plan to do naturally on your own. What you really need to do is soothe the itching and lessen the burning. The natural products that can relieve these symptoms of external hemorrhoids are petroleum jelly, aloe gel, a combination of lavender or rosemary oils, witch hazel or rosemary used in an almond base.
If at any time you want to learn more all natural remedies, check out the guide Hemorrhoids Free for Life Here. It’s helped out a lot of people.
Try these simple home remedies:
If you also want to shrink the hemorrhoids, you can use horse chestnut, collinsonia root powder or butcher’s broom. Follow the instructions carefully when using these products. To treat the symptoms and the hemorrhoids themselves you can mix water with your choice of herbs such as alumroot, goldenseal, powdered myrrh, slippery elm bark or mullein. Mix the ingredients with an equal portion of water and make a paste that should be applied to and kept on the hemorrhoids for at least one hour.
For those who would rather not apply anything directly to the hemorrhoids, there are drinks that could be made to get relief. Try mixing black mustard with yogurt and then drink a glass of buttermilk. Another drink with buttermilk would be adding peppercorns, rock salt and ginger to the buttermilk. If these don’t sound too appetizing, you may want to get a pomegranate, peel it, and boil the peels. You can drink a glass of this each morning and night.
Another natural remedy involves avoiding certain foods or drinks that may make the hemorrhoids worse. Some of these foods and drinks include spices, too much salt, beer, soft drinks, coffee, sour foods, pickles and some meats. Avoiding an excess of any of these will also help to prevent hemorrhoids in the first place.
If you’d learn more about simple lifestyle changes that can have a significant effect on your condition, check out my review of Hemorrhoid Free for Life here.